2013 SeasonCoach’s Responsibilities and Code of Ethics Sheet
I, ___________________________, the undersigned, a Coach in Pequannock Little League (the “League”), hereby promise that I will:
- Maintain and return all equipment given to me by the League, normal wear and tear excepted;
- Use my best efforts to return to the League all uniforms issued to my team;
- Not smoke on the field or in the dugouts during practices or a game;
- Never come to a practice or a game under the influence of alcohol;
- Clean the dugout and the area down the right field line, on both sides of the fence, after each game where my team is the Home Team;
- Clean the dugout, and the area down the left field line, on both sides of the fence, after each game where my team is the Visitor;
- Turn out the lights immediately after the conclusion of my night game, or promptly at 10:00 pm, WHICHEVER IS EARLIER, when I am the coach of the Home Team.
I understand that if I violate any of these responsibilities, I may be subject to fines imposed by Pequannock Township and/or the League, and/or have my privilege as a Coach suspended or revoked.
CODE OF ETHICS
I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care & encouragement to all my players participating in youth sports by following this Coaches Code of Ethics:
I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches & officials at every game, practice, or other sports events.
I will place the emotional & physical well being of my players ahead of my personal desire to win.
I will insist that my team play in a safe & healthy environment.
I will support all other coaches & officials working & volunteering in order to encourage a positive & enjoyable experience for all.
I will demand a sports environment for my team that is free from drugs, tobacco & alcohol & will refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
I will remember that the game is for our children, not the adults.
I will do my very best to make youth sports fun for my team.
I will ask my team to treat other players, coaches, fans & officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed or ability.
I will help my team enjoy the youth sports experience by doing whatever I can, such as being a respectful fan, assisting with coaching or providing transportation,
_________________________________ _______________ _____________________
(Sign Name) (Date) (Phone #)
I will be assisting with: ______________________________ Level:___________